Monday, 3 February 2014

Ultralight DXing Report - Launceston Tasmania - 02/02/2014

Date: 02/02/2014
Time: 21:15 - 22:00 Local
Location: Home, Launceston Tasmania
Radio: 7.5” Loopstick Tecsun PL-380
Total stations logged: 85
New stations logged: 1
Furthest station logged: 1386 kHz - Radio Tarana (NZ) - 2430km

Notes: Last night for a bit of a change and due to the high temperatures (Still showing 33c at 9pm) I decided to take my UL radio outside for a bit of a listen around the bands. After finding a good spot on our front steps I hit my two test frequencies of 909 kHz and 1386 kHz which both showed some weak signals but nothing which was strong enough to copy at that point. I then started off at the bottom of the band and gave each frequency a good check including multiple times for some where signal levels were not very strong the first time around. My total loggings were around the average with only a couple of the normal stations not appearing at all or at very weak levels.
The only new station logged was 567 kHz - 2BH from Broken Hill. This was mixing with 4JK on the same frequency but I was able to null this out to get enough audio to log it.





No comments :

Post a Comment

}, 10);