Sunday, 23 February 2014

Ultralight DXing Report - Launceston Tasmania - 22/02/2014

Date: 22/02/2014
Time: 22:10 - 23:15 Local
Location: Home, Launceston - Tasmania
Radio: 7.5” Loopstick Tecsun PL-380
Total stations logged: 111
New stations logged: 1
Furthest station logged: 1386kHz- Radio Tarana (2430km)

Notes: Last night was the first time in about a week that I have had the radio out. Checking my test frequencies of 711kHz, 909kHz and 1386kHz first all showed signals of a decent level with 1386 kHz being a little bit down in signal level compared to normal. I then started at the bottom of the band where I found a real surprise of a new station for the log, 4QL on 540kHz which is also used by a 7SD running 5KW about 45km from my location. This was the first time I have ever logged a second station on this frequency, I did notice the audio of 7SD was dropping in and out about every 5 seconds and this allowed me to hear enough audio to add 4QL to the logs.


Moving up the band didn’t produce any new stations to add to the logs and a number of stations I normally hear towards the top of the band were missing in the noise.  By the time I got back up to 1386kHz the signal levels had really dropped off and it was barely audible. At this point I called it a night, happy with a new station added to the logs.

No comments :

Post a Comment

}, 10);