Wednesday, 5 March 2014

Ultralight DXing Report - Launceston Tasmania - 05/03/2014

Date: 05/03/2014
Time: 18:50 - 19:45 Local
Location: Home (back yard), Launceston Tasmania
Radio: 7.5” Loopstick Tecsun PL-380
Total stations logged: 94
New stations logged: 1 - 1476kHz - Radio Trackside
Furthest station logged: 1386kHz - Radio Tarana (Indian). 2430km

Notes: Earlier tonight I spent around an hour in my backyard with my ultralight radios listening to the band. I started off with checking my two New Zealand check frequencies of 909kHz and 1386kHz, as I was expecting no signals were heard on either of these frequencies. My first listen of the band produced 27 stations for the logs, my next run produced 48 stations and my third run produced 60 stations including a new station 1476kHz - Radio Trackside, this made a total of 92 stations logged for the session. By this time it was getting close to sun set and the weather was really cooling off. I did a final check of 909kHz and 1386kHz which luckily did produce very weak signals, just enough to be able to add them to the log.


Overall tonight’s session in my backyard was a good experience and well worth sitting outside for. As summer is now on the way out the days are getting shorter which means I will be able to do more of this over the next few months.

Photos



No comments :

Post a Comment

}, 10);