Tuesday, 18 March 2014

Ultralight DXing Report - Launceston Tasmania - 18/03/2014

Date: 18/03/2014
Time: 6:05 - 6:45am local
Location: Home, Launceston Tasmania
Radio: 7.5” Loopstick Tecsun PL-380
Total stations logged: 70
New stations logged: 0
Furthest station logged: 972kHz - 2MW (Murwillumbah) 1565km
Medium wave radio challenge 2014 Score: 94

Notes: This morning I was out of bed a bit earlier than normal, so took the chance to do some ultralight dxing before heading to work. It was still fairly dark at my location and the signal levels from most stations were half way between what I hear of a day time verses a night time (http://dx.qsl.net/propagation/greyline.html)


I logged a good mix of Victorian, New South Wales, ACT, South Australian and Tasmanian stations; towards my west was still in total darkness which accounts for the 10 South Australian stations I also logged.

No comments :

Post a Comment

}, 10);