Saturday, 29 November 2014

Ultralight DXing Report - 28/11/2014

Ultralight DXing Report - Launceston Tasmania

Date: 28/11/2014
Time: 21:10 – 22:00
Location: Home, Launceston Tasmania
Radio: 7.5” Loopstick Tecsun PL-380
Total stations logged: 122
New stations logged: 1071kHz – 4SB Kingaroy (Local weather)

Notes: Over the past few months my ultralight DXing time has been limited, I have spent a lot of my hobby time working on some programming projects which have now all come to an end. Even with this I have still been able to undertake a few sessions, these have normally been around our local sunset time, I have logged most of the normal stations but nothing of any note or any new stations.

Yesterday was my last day of work for the year (our baby is due soon) so not having to be up early this morning meant that I was able to devote some more time to ultralight DXing last night. Overall I logged 122 stations in just under an hour, this included a new station of 4SB on 1017kHz which is station number 200 in my Ultralight log.

A part of the band between 603kHz and 666kHz was full of band noise which made receiving stations between these frequencies harder than normal, I have not had issues around these frequencies before. 

Overall it was a good session and adding a new station to the logs is always a good feeling.

No comments :

Post a Comment

}, 10);