Sunday, 1 February 2015

Ultralight DXing Report - Launceston Tasmania - 01/02/2015

Date: 01/02/2015
Time: 20:30 - 20:50
Location: Backyard, Home Launceston Tasmania
Radio: 7.5” Loopstick Tecsun PL-380
Total stations logged: 58
New stations logged: 0
Notes: This has been my first serious Ultralight DXing session in a few weeks. Tonight our daughter is staying with her grandparents so I took the chance to do a session from my backyard around sunset, this session was undertaken just after my long term ultralight dxing project frequencies were checked. Overall I logged 58 stations; these were all stations I have logged in the past. I noticed some interesting signals around 1200KHz - 1300KHz with the signals being received at very strong levels compared to normal. A number of “regular” copy stations from Victoria and NSW were missing in bad band noise; this was most noticeable up until 800KHz where signals stated to improve again. 7BU and 7AD were both very quite again, they were heard but not at anywhere near the signal level I would have expected, this has been an issue for a little while now. 
Overall this was a really enjoyable session and it was nice to get my “DXing” feet wet again. 




video




No comments :

Post a Comment

}, 10);