Wednesday, 22 July 2015

Ultralight DXing Report - Launceston Tasmania - 21/07/2015


Date: 21/07/2015
Time: 21:45 – 22:45
Location: Home, Launceston Tasmania
Radio: 7.5” Loopstick Tecsun PL-380
Total stations logged: 109
New stations logged: 0
Notes: Last night I had a fairly serious ultralight DXing session. Most stations I logged were as to be expected with no new stations logged. A number of New Zealand stations were logged at amazing signal level with 1386KHz (Radio Tarana) coming in almost like a local station. On 657KHz I heard what sounded like a religious program, these are the possible stations:
657        0_HPON                            Perth     WA
657        2BY                      Byrock  NSW (Confirmed)
657        8RN                     Darwin NT
657        Radio NZ AM Network                                Tauranga            I-NZ
657        Radio NZ AM Network                                Wellington         I-NZ
657        Star                      Tauranga            I-NZ
657        Star                      Wellington         I-NZ

I need to continue checking this frequency to help confirm which one it is. The signal was fading badly and mostly hard to understand.

783KHz also had traces of audio but not to a level where I could be comfortable with ID’ing the station.

1584KHz was also active with the “local” station 7SH fading in and out with possible “Coast Radio” from Napier-Hastings at very weak signal levels.

1602KHz had weak 3WL and weak but readable Radio Reading Service from Horowhenua New Zealand with a news story.


No comments :

Post a Comment

}, 10);