Friday, 20 November 2015

Project - New Radio DX Kit

Over the past few months I have taken a step back from the radio dxing hobby as a whole to focus on some other areas of my life. With some recent changes and summer now almost here I will be able again to spend more time in the radio dxing hobby. Based on this I have recently purchased a new radio, this is the Jaycar AR1748 World Band AM/FM/SW PLL Radio, while this is not an "ultralight radio" it will serve as my main DXing set and a spotting receiver for my ultralight dxing adventures. 

I have also sorted my various other radios and now have all of these mounted in the Jaycar ABS Instrument Case with Purge Valve MPV4 along with my accessories, log sheets and information documents. This case was chosen as it will fit the AR1748 plus allow enough space for my other radios.

To do this I have removed half the foam on the left hand side of the case, this provides enough space for the AR1748. On the right hand side I have made a hole for my AR1733 in the foam. Behind this I have mounted a large plastic container with two small bolts which contains my PL-360, 7.5" lookstick aerial plus other accessories.



































No comments :

Post a Comment

}, 10);